Logic.

Oldest One: Want to hear something stupid?

Me: Sure.

Oldest One: I got in trouble in gym today because we were playing dodgeball and Mr. P said that I was throwing the ball too hard. I mean, it’s DODGEBALL.

Me: Well, dodgeball doesn’t mean you get to beat the snot out of the other kids.

Oldest One: But it’s DODGEBALL. They’re supposed to MOVE when I’m throwing the ball. It’s stupid that I got in trouble for throwing it hard.

Me: I get what you’re saying, but..

Oldest One: I mean, it’s not MY fault I’m awesome. Seriously!

LOL…..I keep telling everyone the same thing!!

Clearly, you are having a strong influence on the boy.

(and I thought for sure dodgeball would have been banned by the School Boards insurance company by now)

2. The Blog Fodder says:

You tell ’em, Oldest One!! My dad used to say, If you can brag without lying, go ahead and brag!

3. Lena says:

That kid needs to play team sports, a good place for those with awesome gym skills.

• violet says:

Are you saying that YOU advocate team sports? I’m not sure you’ve ever mentioned that before… ;)

In all seriousness, we’ve suggested the idea of team sports to him – the only one that held any interest was football and as soon as we told him “sure!” he changed his mind and didn’t want to sign up. We’ve suggested other team sports and his default response is, “Eh.”

4. I totally relate. I got in trouble for giving too much customer service last week.

5. Alison says:

That is totally awesome.

6. Kitty says:

I regularly get looked down upon for parenting too well. Seriously. How can they learn to be more like others if they feel good about being themselves?