GiST2 – 62/365

1. Toaster strudels! Could they be any more unhealthy and tasty?
  2. My last presentation of this term is DONE. Just one more paper and 2 exams to go!
  3. The care and attention to detail that Middle One puts into his thank you cards. WOW!
  4. Laughter.
  5. Sudoku puzzles!

LED – Canada is considering Bill C-384. I strongly support this proposed change to the criminal code.

1. bad mummy says:

I’m reading “Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects” by Karen Solomon and there is a recipe for ‘toaster tarts’ in it. Awesome book. Also has recipes for making bacon. And marshmallows. Mmmm…bacon marshmallow toaster tarts…

I have VERY strong feelings about Bill C-384. I’m not on your side on this one.
    It’s a very complex issue, well beyond what most people consider.

• violet says:

I would be very – very – much interested in hearing your opposing perspective. I’ve been reading many of the various perspectives and opinions from a variety of sources, and of course, I have my own personal stories (which leads to my perspective and opinions!). But I’m curious what I may be missing.

• violet says:

And I should also say that I’m okay with not having that discussion here, or in blog-land at all, but would still very much like to hear your thoughts.

• Sylvain says:

Let me think about it. By that I mean I will either blog about it myself, or discuss it with you personally, via email or even phone.
          Publicly, let me say that I understand being in favour of it, and in fact I can lean that way as well. I get it, I do. But I have reason to be extremely cautious. And I cringe at those who adamantly feel it’s the best idea EVER.

Sorry, let me rephrase that. I don’t cringe at the people. I cringe at the idea.

• violet says:

Oh, Sylvain, don’t be silly. Everyone knows the Best Idea Ever is chocolate.

And what is WITH you and the whole talkin’ to me on the phone thing? Who, exactly, is paying you?